A simple tool for audio/video streams and media size/length cross calculation
With RateXCalc you can:
- Evaluate the maximum video rate for a perfect fit in different media
- Calculate the final production size for a given movie length and a/v rates
- Jog the video rate with a slider and see the subsequent fit for a given media type
1. I have to know the best audio or video bitrate for a given movie (length).
I'll lock the audio or the video variable and let the program calculates
these values selecting the amount of CD or other media that I intend to use.
2. I want to lock the media variable: changing the other variables the
program will let me know how many CD I must use and the percentile fit of
the CD or the last one (if more than one).
So I can define the time, choose a preferred audio bitrate and play with
the video bitrate slider to get an optimized distribution of data on the x
RateXCalc uses TrollTech Qt and is a friendly multiplatform Open Source (GPL).
You can find the download page for documentations, win32 binaries and sources here.
Inquiries, contact requests: http://www.xul.it